According to Prof. Kristin M. Swenson, author of Bible Babel: Making Sense of the Most Talked About Book of All time, writing this last week in the Huffington Post, there are five things everyone who reads the Bible should know. I agree!
- The Bible is a collection of books.
- Not everyone who believes in the Bible has the same book.
- The Bible came after the writings it includes; no one wrote for the Bible
- Bibles in English (or any language other than Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek) are a translation.
- It’s possible to know these facts and still believe in the Bible.